Ashoka Belgium is hiring
Education Programme Manager at Ashoka Belgium
Time commitment: Permanent contract, as from August 21st
Compensation: To be confirmed according to profile and experience
Location: Ashoka Belgium’s office: Impact House, 39 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels
Reporting to : Elena Arene, Director of Ashoka Belgium
Ashoka Ashoka is best known as the world’s largest network of systems changing social entrepreneurs. Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world that the solutions will outrun the problems. Launched in 1981, Ashoka has a network of over 3,500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 250+ Changemaker Schools, and 35+ Changemaker Campuses - as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com. Ashoka is working with this network to educate and empower young people with the skills to create and drive positive solutions. Please check http://www.ashoka.org for more details.
As part of the team at Ashoka Belgium, we are bringing together Belgium’s most ambitious and effective changemakers. We’re working with the most innovative people on the frontline of social change.
The Education/Changemaker schools programme aims to catalyze changes throughout schools and the wider education system, so that every young person is provided with educational experiences that are explicitly designed to empower them to live for the common good.
Roles & Responsibilities
1.Update and develop Ashoka Belgium Education strategy
2.Implement Ashoka Belgium Changemakerschools program
- Community management
- Elect new Changemakerschools
- Support Changeleaders initiative
3. Launch the Education Innovation Fund
- Select innovative projects
- Follow-up the projects
- Codify best practices (Changemaker toolkits) to facilitate replicability
- Support the scaling up of the most successful projects
4. Co-organise events to facilitate Best Practices exchanges in Education
- European Changemaking Education Summit
- Belgian Blast
5. Support the development of the Global Change Leaders Alliance Coalition
- As part of Ashoka Youth Years team, participate to the strategy development at European level
- Identify Change leaders based in Belgium
5. Partnerships Management
- Build an ecosystem of Education stakeholders
- Project reporting and budget follow-up
6. Team Management
- Recruit, Train and Supervise Education Trainee(s)
- Participate to the recruitment, training and supervision of other team members
7. Be actively involved in Ashoka Belgium management and extension
- Represent Ashoka at events and to external partners
- Take over transversal responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in project management
- Fluent in Dutch (mandatory), French and English
- A track record of creating new ideas that have resulted in a systemic change in his/her field.
- Believe deeply in the power of social entrepreneurship and understand Ashoka’s Everyone A Changemaker™ vision.
- Experience working with and/or passion for young people
- A track record of innovating solutions and successfully bringing them to fruition
- Proven ability to lead through influence, ideas, and exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in major client/partner relationship management, fundraising, resource mobilization, and balanced budget management
- Strong social/emotional intelligence and leadership ability to inspire, enable, and integrate a very entrepreneurial team with respect and collegiality
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Belgium to apply for any paid position at Ashoka Belgium.
How to apply
Applications for this role will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We recommend applying as soon as possible, with a CV and cover letter, exclusively via email to Caroline de Cartier at [email protected] or at [email protected] . For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us at the same address.